Friday, January 02, 2009

Wedding

The day of Cayla and Juggy's wedding was a long day for me. First of all it was my birthday and I volunteered at Cameron's school for the morning. That was a lot of fun and I loved being around the kids. I came home though to the task of trying to see if I could find our dog...she had gotten out the day before and had last been seen running around here at 4ish. After calling the SPCA and finding out that in order to get her back I would have to go into the police department, pay some fines, and then pick her up and pay them some money for her being there for less then 24 hours. I knew I would be rushing to get this done and get to the wedding by 3:30 (it was 1:00). I decided to pick Cameron up from school early because we would be rushing as it was and headed to the police station where I waited with the three boys for over an hour to fill out some paper work and be told that it was going to be over $100 in fines. I cried! I then continued crying to the SPCA where I paid another $55 in boarding fees and still continued to cry because I knew that by this time it was 3:15 and I was not going to make it to the wedding. I was not dressed for it yet, the boys were all in play clothes and we still had to get the dog home...oh ya and the roads were not good and I was driving my van with bad tires and no registration (that is another story all together but quickly I was stubborn and didnt want to pay the $350 to have it registered....it wasn't a matter of couldn't pay but a matter of I didn't want to be punished for driving a newer vehicle and so was trying to make a stand by not paying!) I finally got the dog home, ran in and grabbed shirts for the boys, decided their was no helping me....the little bit of makeup I had on was streaked down my cheeks, and I had not done my hair but their was no time to spare! Dustin called me as we were heading to the wedding spot (which ended up being right back at the police station and so I had to go face everyone I had just left crying in front of!) and let me know that things had not started yet. I ended up making it at almost 4:00 and was only a few minutes late walking in! The wedding itself was very nice. Everyone understood my day and forgave me for my lateness and presence! Cayla looked beautiful though and her and Juggy are such a cute couple! It was very nice getting to be there for them and I wish them so much happiness for their future together! What a birthday though!





No comments: