Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Halloween night

We went up to the Heppler home to spend Halloween weekend. The boys had all decided on their costumes months ago but of course I waited until the night before to get things done. Cameron was Link from Zelda (a nintendo video game) and his costume had to be made from scratch. He had told me for month that all I needed was a green tshirt and I just went along with it and every day he kept asking if I finished his costume....well on Wednesday I finally decided I better go get this green t shirt and of course by this time no stores had green tshirts! I finally found one at a used store and then came home only to finally take a close look at the costume and realize it was a lot more detailed then I had thought. On thursday I headed back into Bozeman to find the rest of the things I would need to complete his costume and that evening spent my time cutting and sewing x's on the shirt, creating a sword carrier, belt and hat. He was very excited waking up Friday to find his costume done (I don't think he believed me when I said I would get it done in time)! The costume never came off for the whole weekend. Dylan had picked out a dinosaur costume and so his was done...easy! Ethan had just wanted to be the same monkey he was last year....I continued to have problems with this and just wanted something new and so planned on turning his wagon into a cage so that he could be a circus monkey. This idea was shot down by a stubborn three year old saying "peoples just don't put monkeys in cages and he would not go in it"! So on Friday Dustin mentioned Diddy Kong and so with a happy Ethan we ran into town to find the items I needed to make his monkey costume into Diddy Kong. Last minute decision too Dustin and I decided to dress up and so again Dustins idea was for us to be Westley and Buttercup from Princess Bride. Next year I might just have to start planning a little earlier...it was a little crazy waiting until last minute....but then again thats me! All in all though we had a great night! The Hepplers took us trunk or treating and their costumes were amazing! Marie made them all without a pattern...she is so good! And I have to agree with her 100% when she says that every day Moms should wear crowns. When you are surrounded by all boys a crown just is really needed! We ended up wearing them for most of the weekend when we played cards!























































No comments: