Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camping with the Hepplers

Our camping trip with the Hepplers was off to a rough start but ended wonderfully! On friday Dustin went out to start his truck and he only made it around the block before bringing it home and saying it wasn't running right. He then took my van to work and was going to come home a little early to figure out what was wrong. During the day I packed everything up and was set to go for when Dus arrived home. We then spent the next 4 hours staring under the hood of the truck pulling at the spark plug wires. Finally we decided that we should take it in to the professionals! It was in the shop for another hour before we recieved a call saying it was the fuel pump that was out and it would cost us around $700. This is about the time I started crying! All the packing for nothing!!! Well we decided we didn't want to pay that and so we took the truck home and stopped by the auto store where we picked up a $200 fuel pump. Then with Cameron in charge of the younger two Dustin and I spent the next three hours under the truck removing the gas tank and replacing the fuel pump. By the time we finished it was after 10:30 and we were covered in oil, gas, and grime. We got the camper all hooked up to the truck though and decided to head out to the campsite where are friends had been waiting for us all day! We arrived at 1:00ish and went straight to bed. The next morning we spent the day hiking to the falls, sliding down rocks, blowing bubbles, and having a party for Marie's birthday!





That evening we cooked smores. Just look at the boys hands though! I can not believe I allowed them to eat with that dirty of hands!!! At the time I guess I just did not pay close enough attention but seeing the pictures grossed me out! They wern't bothered by it though!
We then went swimming the next day at Fairmont Hot Springs. The kids loved it even Lucas who was only 5 weeks at the time. Cameron and Dustin went down the water slide which made Ethan very upset. He really wanted to do it too! Next year! All in all we had a great camping trip. I can't wait to do it again! Oh yea....see the last picture....notice Ethan grabbing himself....well he kept grabbing at himself for a while and finally I went to check to see if he may have had a rash or something....instead I found three jolly rancher candies....still in the wrapper...shoved down his underwear. He must have found them when he went into the bathroom and knowing I wouldn't let him have them he shoved them in the only hiding place he thought was safe! What a little sneak he is!

1 comment:

Andy, Kelli, Kaycee, and Haylee said...

I am SOOO jealous!!! Looks like you had a blast! Miss you a lot!